Who doesn’t like a “melt-in-your-mouth” beef that explodes with flavor as soon as you put a spoonful in your mouth. This Chinese style stir fry beef is one of those recipes that will keep you wanting for more.
Begin with marinating the beef with the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger root, corn starch, and olive oil. The longer you leave the marinade, the juicier will be your beef.
While your beef is marinating prepare the sauce. Because Chinese style stir fry is best served piping hot or it loses half its flavor (at least that’s how I feel about my Chinese food!). As easy as it is just combine all the sauce ingredients and set it aside.
An important point that many people miss is that they cook their stir fry over low heat. This ruins the freshness of the recipe and all your ingredients will go soggy and that’s not what you expect out of a stir fry. Over high heat put olive oil in a wok and add your beef which should now be well-marinated and juicy.
Watch the beef closely and don’t overcook it. It should take approximately 5 minutes for the beef to turn a crispy brown color if your wok is well-heated. Add your zucchini or any other vegetable you want to alternate with and cook for another 5 minutes making sure the vegetable maintains it crispness.
Now add the sauce and just bring it to boil once because you don’t want the sauce to thicken too much and all you will be left with then is beef pieces with no sauce. Cook the beef in the sauce for 3 to 5 minutes and take it off the heat. Serve it with rice or just dig into it on its own it is guaranteed to be delicious both ways.
- 0,5 kg beef steak, sliced against the grain
- 3 spoons sesame oil
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1In a bowl, mix all marinade ingredients well: light soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger root, corn starch, olive oil. Let meat marinate in mixture for 20 minutes.
- 2Sauce: Combine light soy sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil, garlic. Set aside.
- 3Heat wok over high heat, then add olive oil
- 4Remove beef from marinade and stir-fry until browned for around 5 minutes and zucchini and stir-fry for 5 more mins.
- 5Add sauce and dried red chili pepper
- 6Stir-fry for 5 minutes, mixing well.
- 7Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.