A salad is not just a meal, it’s a style. Salads can be your highly nutritious substitutes to proper meals. The veggis in the salad are rich in insoluble fiber which keeps your digestive track healthy. I have also added nuts to this salad which consist of soluble fiber which helps lower cholesterol and keeps blood sugar in check. I have also added beet root to this salad which is known to boost athletic performances, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.
“Practice what you preach.” This salad is a part of my diet as well. It’s a refreshing douse of energy which keeps me nourished after my workout regime. I urge all you athletes out there to make the ‘Beet and Goat Cheese Layered Salad’ a part of your diet as beet is known to improve athletic performances. This salad will also benefit the ones with heart ailments. But what matters the most is that this salad is as tasty as it is beneficial. It is also very easy on the eyes, with the pink brown and white color shades emanating from the plate.
Let us see how the Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is actually made:
- 2 Beets
- 200 grams of Goat Cheese
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly grounded Black Pepper
- Basil Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Half a Lemon
- 1Boil a pot of water. Add the Beets and reduce the heat. Let it simmer and cook until the beets till they are soft enough to be easily sliced with a knife. (Approximately for 40 Mins. Depending on the size of the beets)
- 2Remove the beets from the pot and rinse them under cold water. Once they are cool enough to be handled, remove its skin and allow them to cool off completely.
- 3Slice a layer of beet. Season it with salt and pepper and add a very light drizzle of olive oil. Now, add goat cheese chunks. To avoid a mess do not try to spread the goat cheese chunks and use a sharp knife to slice. Decorate this with sea salt flakes, basil leaves and a splash of extra virgin olive oil with a hint of lemon. Repeat this step until all the beet slices have been used.
- 4Garnish the salad with walnuts and basil. Add another splash of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and Honey.
- 5You are ready to serve Beet and Goat Cheese Salad