This special beef meal is what I called my “master recipe”. This quintessential dinner dish is the queen for beef foodie.
It is all about gradually building its flavor, starting with stir frying the beef. Beef in red wine, flavored by parsley, carrots, and bay leaves, is one filling, savoury dish. The beautiful thing about it is that the beef cubes turn tender but remains moist; its deeply savory aroma is simply irresistible.
Partner this special cuisine with mashed potatoes for a complete meal. Make this simple and yet appealing recipe at home and wow your guests!
- 500g beef, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 large onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 ml glass red wine
- 300 ml beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 spoons vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1Heat 2 spoons of vegetable oil in a pan. Put the beef in a bowl, sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper, then mix until well coated. Fry beef until is well browned.
- 2Add another spoon of vegetable oil to the pan and stir in the onion, garlic and carrots. Cover and gently cook for 15 mins until softened, then remove the lid and cook until just beginning to brown.
- 3Pour in the red wine and stir well, letting it boil up for 2-3 min, then pour the whole mixture over the meat. Add the beef stock, bay leaves and parsley, bring to a simmer, taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Then cover and gently simmer for 1½ hrs until the beef is very tender.
- 4Serve with mashed potatoes